[robotics-worldwide] [jobs]

crash1118 michael.g.kent at us.abb.com
Tue Jun 24 06:08:43 PDT 2014

ABB is seeking a talented Project Manager to support our Discrete Automation
and Motion groups system service projects.
The System Service projects we execute are made up of complex systems that
need proper management to protect ABB’s interests and the customer’s
investment. The Project Manager role is where we put the responsibility and
authority to control these projects. Our Project Managers represent our
organization to the customer and make sure all aspects of the project (Scope
/ Schedule / Cost) are managed.

Main Accountabilities:
•Provide Project Management for System Service Projects – could include
Powertrain / Paint / ArcWelding / Material Handling, Body-in-White and
General Industry types of projects.
•Manage all aspects of the projects including Scope / Schedule / Cost. This
includes eliminating scope creep / delivering on-time and under budget.
•Report project progress and financial health on a regular basis as required
by management.
•Work with internal and external resources to ensure smooth project
execution with a focus on preventing issues. When issues do arise, the
Project Manager must take proper action to minimize the impact to ABB and
our customers..
•Prepare quotations for the above types of projects on time. This includes
providing technical assistance to the sales team during the proposal phase
of the projects.
•Work within the System Service group to optimize processes and products to
make us more efficient.

Dimensions:
•Direct and coordinate work by outside vendors and inside personnel,
including Mechanical Design Resources. This could potentially require
management of up to (5) internal / external resources at a time per project.
•Quantity of projects could be up to 10 at the same time.
•Project range is from $10,000 to $1,000,000.
•Work on many different types of projects including Powertrain / Paint /
ArcWelding / Material Handling, Body-in-White and General Industry.

Basic Qualifications:
BA/BS degree in engineering or related field
Minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering field.

Preferred Qualifications.
Experience with Engineering or Project Management in one or more of the
following areas is preferred
Powertrain, Paint, ArcWelding, Material Handling, Body-in-White and / or
General Industry.Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Autocad
/ SolidWorks or 3D Cad equivalent / Excel / broad engineering knowledge.
Experience with SAP. Experience with Robotics / Vision Integration.

Please apply to the role via the link below:
http://new.abb.com/careers/job-advertisement/details/55271730