[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Machine Vision Programmer (KeyMe Inc @ NYC, NY)

Kris Borer kris at key.me
Mon Mar 17 05:43:22 PDT 2014

KeyMe is a robotics company based in NYC. We have a fun and laid back
culture with highly motivated team members. Our focus is on using machine
vision and machine learning to bring innovation to the locksmith industry
by helping people copy keys and solve lockouts. We are looking for talented
software engineers to add to our team.

You will work on a team that uses machine vision and machine learning to
extract geometric information from images of physical house keys. This data
enables our customers to get physical keys in the mail, create keys with 3D
printing, and use our robotic key-copying kiosks.

You will work primarily in C++ with OpenCV to do a variety of tasks
including object detection, segmentation and classification, working
primarily with still images taken in a semi-controlled setting. Job duties
will include identifying areas of potential improvement, researching and
implementing existing applicable algorithms as well as creating new ones,
and implementing algorithms to work efficiently in a production setting.

Necessary Skills & Experience
- Excellent C++ programming
- Demonstrable experience with computer vision, ideally using OpenCV
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills

Desired Skills & Experience
- Machine Learning
- Linux
- C++11