[robotics-worldwide] [news] Robot Launch 2014: Call for Startups

Andra Keay andra at svrobo.org
Tue Mar 18 07:37:44 PDT 2014

Robot Launch 2014 is the first online global startup competition for
robotics.

Deadline for entries is March 30 (11pm PST)

http://robot2014.istart.org

+++ Call for Startups

Ready, set, launch! Is your prototype the next breakthrough in home
robotics? Or are you developing a smart device, sensor, component or
software that will help build the robots of the tomorrow?
Robohub<http://robohub.org/robot-launch-2014-the-first-global-startup-competition-for-robotics-is-here/>
is
partnering with the tech cluster Silicon Valley
Robotics<http://svrobo.org/calendar/robot-launch-2014-startup-competition>
launch the first global startup competition dedicated to robotics.

Robot Launch 2014 <http://robot2014.istart.org/> is open to any robot
startup pre/partial Series A, from anywhere in the world. We're looking for
startups with prototypes and business models. But we're also interested in
any great robot startup idea ... it could be a robot or an autonomous mobile
manipulator ... an appliance or connected device ... or a sensor, actuator or
even AI that makes robots better.

Prizes include money, mentoring, meetings and free legal and startup
services from our supporting organizations, including Silicon Valley
Robotics, Indiegogo, WilmerHale,Grishin Robotics, Bosch Ventures, Lemnos
Labs,Robolution Capital, Luxr, a showcase at O'Reilly's Solid Conference
and media coverage by Robohub.

Our goal with this competition is to help you get in front of investors
early and increase your chances of getting funding. So don't wait to enter
- the sooner you do, the more likely your project is to be featured on
Robohub and catch the attention of judges and investors. The competition is
open as of today and the first round runs until 11pm PST on March 30, 2014.

+++ To enter: http://robot2014.istart.org

+++ Important Dates:

Round One opens Feb 20
Round One closes Mar 30 midnight (PST)
Top 30 announced April 9
Finalists announced April 30
Final Showcase (TBC) May 20
SHARE #robotlaunch

+++ Submission Format:

Online questionnaire. In Round One, a 60-second video is optional, but all
Top 30 and Finalists will be asked to prepare a 2 minute pitch video.
Competition finals will be judged live on video and published on Robohub.
Pitch deck templates and other startup resources are available at Robot
Launchpad -- but remember, DO NOT disclose confidential information.

We will be keeping everyone up-to-date and posting more information about
the judges, competitors and awards right here, so stay tuned for more
dedicated coverage on Robohub <http://robohub.org/>!

+++ Contact:

Andra Keay (andra at svrobo.org)

--