[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] HRI oriented Senior Scientist (PostDoc) Position at the Human-Computer Interaction Unit, University of Salzburg (Austria)
manfred.tscheligi at sbg.ac.at
Tue Mar 18 16:35:24 PDT 2014
[Apologies for cross posting]
Deadline for application: March 26th 2014 (date of postmark)
The Human-Computer Interaction Unit at the ICT&S Center (University of Salzburg, Austria) is an internationally recognized university research facility,
which conducts interdisciplinary research in the areas of User Experience, Cooperative Interfaces, Human Robot/Autonomous Systems Interaction,
Contextual & Situated Interfaces, Automotive User Interfaces, Factory & Production Interfaces, Persuasive Interfaces, as well as Foundational HCI Research.
The Unit also operates the Christian-Doppler Laboratory on Contextual Interfaces, which is a long term co-operation with industrial partners.
A Senior Scientist (Post Doc) (GZ A 0029/1-2014) position for research and teaching activities is offered in accordance with the University and Employee Law
and with § 26 of the “Kollektivvertrag für die ArbeitnehmerInnen der Universitäten” (http://www.uni-salzburg.at/index.php?id=31062)
(Collective Agreement for University Employees) (group A2; the monthly fee is € 3.483,30 gross, 14x per year).
Intended date of beginning: immediately
Duration: 4 years
Extent of employment in hours per week: 40
· Scientific research and teaching activities with on focus on Human-Robot Interaction & Human-Autonomous Systems Interaction;
· Supporting research and teaching (student supervision);
· Involvement in organizational activities of the Unit;
· Participation and development of research projects;
· Cooperation with other scientific organizations;
· Establishment and administration of industrial contacts.
· PhD oriented to Human-Computer Interaction/Human-Robot Interaction or a PhD in related field such as Informatics, Psychology, Sociology, Design with strong elements towards Human-Computer Interaction/Human-Robot Interaction
Desirable additional skills:
· Experience in publishing within excellent scientific journals and conference contributions in the context of Human-Robot Interaction/Human-Computer Interaction;
· Academic teaching experience;
· Familiarity with projects and industrial project partners;
· Good knowledge of research methods
Required personal qualities: independent and accurate mode of working, teamwork; enthusiasm for academic research and teaching; excellent knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written; German language skills are an advantage.
We are seeking a postdoctoral research fellow to be active in further developing the HRI activities of the Unit, running studies for design of future HRI concepts in a variety of (industrial) contexts, experimenting with alternative interaction approaches, running lab and field studies, being engaged in studies on the human experience side of autonomous driving, as well as further developing methodological approaches.
For further information regarding these positions, please contact the Director of the Human-Computer Interaction Unit, Professor Manfred Tscheligi (manfred.tscheligi at sbg.ac.at) or
Elke Holzmann (elke.holzmann at sbg.ac.at; +43/662/8044-4802).
For additional information on the work conducted within the center, visit these websites:
ICT&S Center: http://www.icts.sbg.ac.at
Christian Doppler Laboratory on Contextual Interfaces: http://www.contextual-interfaces.org
Applications must include:
· Letter of Application referring to the Reference number of the vacancy (see reference number above)
· Curriculum Vitae with photo
Send your written application to:
Rector Univ.-Prof. Dr. Heinrich Schmidinger
University of Salzburg
5020 Salzburg, Austria
The Paris-Lodron University of Salzburg is committed to increase the percentage of women in the scientific and the general University staff, especially in leading positions, and encourages qualified women to apply. When equally qualified, preference will be given to women. Persons with disabilities or chronic illnesses, who meet the required criteria, are explicitly invited to apply. For information, please contact Mag. Christine Steger (christine.steger at sbg.ac.at, telephone number +43 662 8044-2465).
Unfortunately, travel and accommodation expenses for job interviews will not be reimbursed.
Employment will be done in agreement with the University rules 2002 (UG), as well as the Employee rules.
More information about the robotics-worldwide