[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Post-Doctoral Grant on Robot Competitions and Benchmarking
Pedro U. Lima
pal at isr.ist.utl.pt
Mon May 5 14:55:56 PDT 2014
RoCKIn Coordination Action
Post-Doctoral Grant on Robot Competitions and Benchmarking
The EU FP7 ICT Coordination Action RoCKIn ("Robot Competitions Kick Innovation in Cognitive Systems and Robotics" - http://rockinrobotchallenge.eu), coordinated by IST-ID, has currently available 1 (one) position for a Post-Doctoral Fellow on Robot Competitions and Benchmarking. We seek highly motivated researchers to integrate the project team, at the Institute for Systems and Robotics (ISR), a unit of the Laboratory of Robotics and Systems in Engineering and Science (LARSyS) located at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), U. Lisboa, Portugal.
The successful candidate will be developing work mainly focused on, but not limited to, robot competitions, namely:
* participating in the definitions/updates of benchmarking metrics and tools for robot tasks and functionalities, and of the competition rules for both RoCKIn Challenges (@Home and @Work);
* supporting the organisation of RoCKIn's competition events (Nov 2014 and Nov 2015);
* complementing the current design and realization of the ISR/LARSyS test bed for the RoCKIn at Home challenge and coordinating the realisation of experiments therein.
The successful candidate is expected to have a PhD in the areas of Electrical or/and Computer Engineering or related areas, preferably with a specialisation on Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, and a strong interest on robot competitions.
The grant will have the duration of 12 months, starting on July 2013, extendable up to 18 months. The grant value is ~1,500.00€ / month plus accident insurance and social security contributions.
The grantee will work with the Intelligent Robots and Systems group at ISR/LARSyS (http://welcome.isr.ist.utl.pt/labs/irsgroup/).
Applications will be considered until the end of May 2014, and must be sent by e-mail to pal at isr.ist.utl.pt, including:
* a detailed CV, including a list of publications,
* a brief statement about research interests, engineering skills and past experience (namely on robot competitions, if any), as well as motivation to join the project,
* the name and contact of 2 referees.
Instituto de Sistemas e Robotica,
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Torre Norte
Av. Rovisco Pais, 1
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice
... but in practice, there is!
More information about the robotics-worldwide