[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] CFP: Special Session on Social Robots for Therapeutic Purposes, at the 2014 International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR 2014)

hoseoka hoseoka at gmail.com
Sun May 11 21:35:36 PDT 2014

Dear researchers,

We would like to invite you to submit a paper for a Special Session on
social robots for therapeutic purposes of 2014 International Conference on
Social Robotics (ICSR 2014). We would like to have a place for discussions
about recent researches of our research in ICSR 2014.

If you agree to submit your paper to our special session, please let me know
the title of your paper as soon as possible. Of course you can change the
title and contents when you submit your paper as well.

Below is a CFP of our special session.

Call for Papers

Special Session on Social Robots for Therapeutic Purposes, at the 2014
International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR 2014)

Robots can be used to help patients with various healthcare needs. These
kinds of robots are already developed, such as nursing care robots, health
condition managing robots, and companion-type robots, and have been used in
various places in our society, such as hospitals, retirement villages, and
home environments including support for independent living.

This Special Session will focus on the current advances in the area of
social robots for therapeutic purposes, including techniques and designs of
therapeutic robots and their clinical evaluation. Papers are solicited on
all areas directly related to these topics, including but not limited to:

- Social robots and devices for older adults living independently

- Social robots and devices for children with autism

- Social robots and devices for people with dementia

- Social robots and devices for nursing care

- Social robots and devices for improving brain functions

- Assisting and healing robot systems

- Physically assistive robot systems

- Social human robot interaction

- Emotion based robot systems

Prospective authors are invited to submit full-length papers (10 pages)
through the ICSR 2014 online submission system. Submissions must be made in
the PDF format and follow the Springer LNCS/LNAI style for the layout. LNCS
style templates are available on the Springer LNCS website. When you submit
your paper, please select "Full Paper for Special Session on Social Robots
for Therapeutic Purposes" for the Label. Selected papers will be shortlisted
for special issues in the international journal of social robotics.

* Important Dates

Paper submission: 18 June 2014

Notification of acceptance: 16 July 2014

Final camera-ready manuscript: 30 July 2014

* Conference Information

27-29 October 2014, Sydney, Australia

Conference webpage: www.icsr2014.org

* Contact Information

Ho Seok AHN, University of Auckland (hs.ahn at auckland.ac.nz)

Bruce A. MacDonald, University of Auckland (b.macdonald at auckland.ac.nz)

We look forward to meeting you at ICSR 2014!

Sincerely yours,

Ho Seok AHN, Ph.D

Associate Editor, International Journal of Social Robotics