[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] University of Bristol - Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Computer Science (2 posts)

Dima Damen Dima.Damen at bristol.ac.uk
Fri May 23 05:48:12 PDT 2014

The Department of Computer Science at the University of Bristol is seeking
to appoint two Lecturers or Senior Lecturers in Computer Science. One is an
open ended post and the other is a fixed term post for 3 years in the first
instance. Both posts are full time. The appointments are part of a
strategic plan to expand the Department over the next 5 years.

You will have demonstrated that you are on track to become an outstanding
researcher, carrying out innovative research to complement that currently
being pursued in the Department. You will have already achieved
international recognition and have a significant number of high quality
publications in top venues. You will have proven ability or potential to
attract research funding from government and/or industrial sources. Our
strategy is to grow our research portfolio and you will be expected to take
a major role in achieving that goal.

Bristol is consistently ranked as one of the top places in the UK for
Research and Teaching in Computer Science. We carry out internationally
renowned research in Bioinformatics, Cryptography, Computational
Neuroscience, Intelligent Systems, Interaction and Graphics,
Microelectronics, Quantum Computing, Theory and Algorithms, Robotics and
Visual Information. We run undergraduate programmes with a high quality
student intake (typical entry grades are A*AA at UK A-level) and several
advanced MSc programmes. Our focus is on providing a high quality and
innovative learning and research environment, which promotes independent
learning and problem solving, and in which our research informs the content
of our curriculum.

Closing date for applications is June 22nd 2014. The selection process,
including interviews are expected to be held in mid July 2014.

For informal discussion about the post you are welcome to contact Dr Andrew
Calway (Head of Department), Andrew.Calway at bristol.ac.uk.

Further details:
http://www.bris.ac.uk/jobs/find/details.html?nPostingID=1995&nPostingTargetID=6905&ID=Q50FK026203F3VBQBV7V77V83