[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] tenure track faculty positions at UMass

Rod Grupen grupen at cs.umass.edu
Wed Nov 5 09:05:56 PST 2014

The University of Massachusetts Amherst School of Computer Science has an openings
for tenure-track faculty positions under the broad heading of AI and Robotics (but in particular Robotics).

The full posting is attached below and can be found at:

				https://www.cs.umass.edu/jobs/fac_research_jobs

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Rod Grupen

Assistant Professor Positions in the School of Computer Science

University of Massachusetts Amherst

 The School of Computer Science at the University of Massachusetts Amherst invites applications for tenure-track positions starting in the 2015-2016 academic year.  The subareas of interest include 1) Theoretical Computer Science 2) Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, and 3) Systems with an emphasis on security, mobile systems, and software engineering.

 We are seeking talented applicants qualified for Assistant Professor positions.  Under exceptional circumstances, highly qualified candidates at other ranks may receive consideration.  Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related area and should show evidence of exceptional research promise.

 Our school is highly supportive of junior faculty, providing both formal and informal mentoring.  Many of our faculty are involved in interdisciplinary research, working closely with other departments including statistics/mathematics, linguistics, electrical and industrial engineering, biology, physics, and nursing, as well as new "green" initiatives.  Amherst, a historic New England town, is the center of a vibrant and culturally rich area that includes four other colleges. For more information about the school, visit http://www.cs.umass.edu.

 Applicants should submit a cover letter, a curriculum vita, research statement, statement of teaching interests, and the names and contact information for at least three references using the submissions link specific to the position.

 http://umass.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=53283 (for theory)

http://umass.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=53287  (for AI and Robotics)

http://umass.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=53286  (for systems)

 Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2014 and may continue until a suitable candidate pool has been identified. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.   Inquiries and requests for more information can be sent to: facrec at cs.umass.edu.

 The university is committed to active recruitment of a diverse faculty and student body.  The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.  Because broad diversity is essential to an inclusive climate and critical to the University’s goals of achieving excellence in all areas, we will holistically assess the many qualifications of each applicant and favorably consider an individual’s record working with students and colleagues with broadly diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds in educational, research or other work activities. We will also favorably consider experience overcoming or helping others overcome barriers to an academic degree and career.