[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Multiple Robotics Job Openings at SRI International

sriinternational Robin.castillo at sri.com
Wed Nov 12 12:44:04 PST 2014

The Robotics and Medical Systems Program, SRI International, is pleased to
announce multiple job openings at our headquarters in Menlo Park, CA, in the
heart of Silicon Valley, at all levels and across all technical
areas:

*Apply on-line at **www.sri.com/jobs* <http://www.sri.com/jobs> OR
<http://www.sri.com/careers/search-jobs>  Electrical Engineer, Robotics (Req
ID: 517BR) Software Engineer, Robotics (Req ID: 518BR) Controls Research
Engineer, Robotics (Req ID: 516BR) Senior Software Engineer, Robotics (Job
number: 101731)

We hire unique innovators with the skills to help us redefine the design
space for robotics.  We have a leading edge portfolio of advanced robotic
component technologies, including electro adhesion, electro active polymers
and other advanced actuators, dexterous telemanipulation, and micro
manipulation.  In addition to addressing broad problems in robotics, our
group is a leading innovator of surgical and medical robotics technology.
We work across the full spectrum of technology development from first
demonstration to new platforms for government and commercial customers, to
licensing and new ventures.
Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ: ISRG) and Artificial Muscle, Inc. (acquired by
Bayer Material Sciences), both spun out of our group.  Redwood Robotics (JV
with Willow Garage and Meka) and Grabit emerged from our program most
recently, and we're actively pursuing new ventures in the expanding and
exciting Silicon Valley Robotics landscape.

We have a strong pipeline of DARPA and other government programs, commercial
customers, and new ventures.  Although we need new employees to support this
work, we strongly encourage innovation from all of our staff, and provide
access to world class technical personnel, resources, and facilities,
including internal investment funds.  If you can see the future of robotics,
the Robotics Program at SRI is the place you can create it.

*_SRI International: Invent, innovate, and impact the big picture_* Join SRI
and make a positive impact on society by developing new solutions to
important problems. We are an independent, nonprofit research and
development organization working with government agencies, commercial
businesses, and private foundations to address complex global challenges.
Our research breakthroughs and solutions have saved lives, created new
industries, and continue to provide lasting benefits to society.

Our staff delivers impressive results to clients every day, and share a
passion for pushing innovative thinking to new levels.

Our diverse work environment will allow you to collaborate with seasoned
researchers while gaining fresh perspectives from recent graduates. You will
learn innovation best practices to make yourself a valuable professional
throughout your career.

SRI's core values---passion to make a difference, enthusiasm to solve the
impossible, respect, integrity, and a commitment to excel---empower our
champions, strengthen our teams, and transform ideas into reality for our
clients.

Join our team, and you can make a difference, too.

We offer a congenial work atmosphere, competitive salaries and benefits
including royalty and equity sharing, tuition reimbursement, a
company-matched 403 (b), and numerous other benefits. We're a short walk
from the Menlo Park train station, and we'll pay most of your
public-transportation commuting costs.

*Apply on-line at **www.sri.com/jobs* <http://www.sri.com/jobs>

SRI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer