[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Participation: Humanoids 2014 Workshop on Redundancy, inequalities, and the mathematical tools to address them

Fabrizio Flacco fflacco at dis.uniroma1.it
Fri Nov 14 02:28:10 PST 2014

[ Apologies for any duplication ]

Call for Participation

Humanoids 2014 Full-Day Workshop on Redundancy, inequalities, and the mathematical tools to address them
Madrid, Spain, November 18th 2014.

http://www-amd.is.tuebingen.mpg.de/~righetti/humanoids2014_WS/

Abstract
===================
The redundancy inherent to humanoid robots constitutes both an opportunity and a challenge for the design of controllers. While redundancy allows the achievement of several concurrent asks, the optimal allocation of degrees of freedom remains a challenge. It is especially true when trying to specify inequality tasks and constraints with constantly changing contact interactions with the environment.

Traditionally, redundancy resolution at the control level was handled through analytic linear methods (e.g. operational space approaches). However, these methods were usually limiting achievable tasks to equality tasks. In the recent years, there has been an important shift in controller designs with the extensive use of numerical optimization methods such as Quadratic Programs. These new approaches have allowed creating efficient controllers able to achieve a richer set of tasks, including inequality tasks and constraints. These methods have also successfully been extended to the case of hierarchical tasks with strict priority. This has led to a series of interesting works, and to a change of paradigm in controller design, away from purely analytical approaches.

The goal of this workshop is to discuss the geometrical nature of redundancy and opportunities and challenges offered by these new control approaches. We will investigate the different tools derived from linear algebra and numerical optimization and discuss their merits and limitations, in particular when it comes to the application to real robots.

Topics of the Workshop
=======================================
	• QP-based dynamic controllers
	• Linear and non-linear MPC
	• Hierarchical schemes
	• Contact handling
	• Opportunities introduced by inequality constraints
	• Parallel cable-driven robots
	• Application to real robots

Confirmed Invited Speakers
===================
> Andrea Del Prete (LAAS/CNRS) - Hierarchy of tasks: towards real-time inverse dynamics and optimal control
> Dimitar Dimitrov (INRIA) - Fast resolution of hierarchy of tasks
> Fabrizio Flacco (Università di Roma) - Path Constrained Redundancy Resolution
> Marc Gouttefarde (LIRMM) - Tension distribution and wrench capabilities of cable-driven parallel robots: A state of the art
> Alexander Herzog (MPI for Intelligent Systems) - Redundancy resolution with hierarchical inverse dynamics: Experiments on a torque controlled humanoid
> Samir Menon (Stanford University) - Controlling articulated bodies using redundant and non-negative muscle actuation
> Nicolas Mansard (LAAS/CNRS) - Hierarchical quadratic programming
> Christian Ott (DLR) - Semi-definite Lyaunov functions as a tool for stability analysis of redundant robots
> Joris Vaillant (LIRMM) - Real-time multi-contact motion with quadratic programming
> Pierre-Brice Wieber (INRIA) - Promises of multiple objective control of robots
> Andrea M. Zanchettin (Politecnico di Milano) - From human motion modeling to constraint-based robot programming

Organizers
===============
	• Adrien Escande, CNRS/AIST Joint Robotics Laboratory (JRL), Japan
	• Fabrizio Flacco, Sapienza Università di Roma, Italy
	• Nicolas Mansard, LAAS/CNRS, France
	• Ludovic Righetti, Max-Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Germany

The workshop is supported by the IEEE/RAS Technical Committee on Whole-Body Control

---------
Dr. Fabrizio Flacco
Dipartimento di Ingegneria informatica, automatica e gestionale Antonio Ruberti -- DIAG
(ex Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica -- DIS)
Università di Roma "La Sapienza"
Via Ariosto 25
00185 Roma, Italy

tel:  +39 0677274057