[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Embedded Software Engineer Position at Robert Bosch LLC

Osentoski Sarah (CR/RTC1.1-NA) Sarah.Osentoski at us.bosch.com
Thu Nov 13 14:51:59 PST 2014

Bosch is starting a new product-focused robotics team to create an exciting, new type of household robot.  Our team of robotics engineers is looking for a software engineer with experience working with embedded platforms.   To apply see the following link: http://www.bosch.us/content/language1/html/12742.htm

Duties and Tasks:
*       Design, develop, and test robot software on embedded and desktop platforms
*       Embedded software may include porting/writing solutions for: mapping, navigation, localization, obstacle avoidance, robot control, sensor fusion, sensor I/O, networking, video processing and streaming, robot behaviors, vision algorithms, kernel drivers, bootloaders, debugging and testing tools
*       Desktop software can include things such as: robot simulation, automated testing, debugging tools, automated builds

Skills / Job Requirements:
*       Experience with embedded software development for consumer electronics, e.g., on ARM
*       Extensive experience in C++ and Python, Linux
*       Experience with mobile interfaces and protocols (SPI, I2C, SDIO, I2S, PWM)
*       Understanding of embedded system constraints and trade-offs
*       Understanding of shared memory, file systems, and device drivers
*       Experience creating tool chains and APIs or SDKs
*       Experience with source control tools such as git
*       BS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / other related field, or equivalent
*       Nice to haves:
*       Knowledge of ROS
*       Experience with real-time operating systems
*       Experience with Open Embedded
*       Familiarity with robotics algorithms: control systems, navigation, vision, sensors
*       Experience with WiFi or Bluetooth device drivers
*       Experience with video codecs and libraries
*       MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering

Required Application Materials:
*       Cover letter
*       Resume
*       Two references and/or two letters of recommendation

Availability: ASAP
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA