[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Doctoral Fellowship in Robotics and Human Motion Control at Cleveland State University, Ohio, USA

Eric Schearer e.schearer at csuohio.edu
Wed Nov 19 17:13:52 PST 2014

My group at Cleveland State University is looking for a doctoral student
to study intelligent control of human motion. Specifically, we work to
restore reaching movements to people with paralyzed arms due to spinal
cord injury by using functional electrical stimulation. When
electrically stimulated, muscles contract, induce skeletal movement, and
potentially restore function to people with spinal cord injury.

The student selected for the position will develop identification,
planning, and control strategies for a functional electrical stimulation
neuroprosthesis. The work will involve theoretical and applied aspects.
The application presents a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with
the very few people who currently have a full-arm functional electrical
stimulation neuroprosthesis.

Applicants should possess the following qualities

- desire to work with people with disabilities

- experience in computer programming

- excellent written and spoken English skills

- interest in machine learning, control of dynamic systems, and robotics

This is a funded position that includes tuition and a monthly stipend.
If you are interested in joining my research group, please send an email
to me at e.schearer at csuohio.edu with your CV/resume attached.

Eric Schearer

--
Eric Schearer