[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Job Posting for Listserve: Robotics Embedded Electronics Engineer

Nick Wettels nwettels at perceptionrobotics.com
Sun Nov 23 21:31:02 PST 2014

Dear Colleague,
Could you please make the following job posting?  Much appreciated!

*POSITION TITLE: *Embedded Electronics Engineer

*ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*: Initial task will be to aggregate data from two
USB cameras and RS-232C tactile sensor, process in an embedded PC and
transmit data via serial to a Fanuc robot controller.  Design and program
electronic systems associated with industrial automation (e.g. robotic
gripper systems); *primarily program embedded systems to acquire data from
sensors and transmit data via a variety of communications protocols (e.g.
USB, Ethernet).   *Assist CEO/ CTO in managing projects and workforce while
CEO/CTO is on travel.  Focus is on prototype and product development in
fast-paced start-up environment.

*SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED*: Linux, 3+ years programming embedded
systems, strong command of C/ C++, troubleshooting digital hardware, prior
experience with the following protocols: SPI, I2C, USB 2.0, RS-232/422.
Must have USB experience.

*SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE DESIRED*: Electrical CAD schematic/ board layouts;
familiarity with high-level programming languages like Matlab or Python,
industrial robots (in particular Fanuc and Kawasaki). Telecommunications
experience: GSM/ CDMA cellular modem, low power Bluetooth 4.0.  Mobile app
development (Objective C).

*EDUCATION*: BS or MS in computer science or electrical engineering; MS in
engineering management (or similar degree or training) is a big plus.

*COMPENSATION:  *Salary ($40,000 - $70,000 based on experience) *plus
equity*, health benefits are negotiable

*ENVIRONMENT:  *We are a robotics start-up company housed at the Los
Angeles Clean Tech Incubator with a 5-member team.  Standard 40-hour work
week in a laboratory & industrial setting is expected with flex-scheduling
available on Fridays.  You will report directly to CEO/CTO.  More
information can be found at www.perceptionrobotics.com

*EEO Employer, Please contact Nicholas Wettels, PhD: *
*nwettels at perceptionrobotics.com* <nwettels at perceptionrobotics.com>

*Company Background:*

*What we do – *Perception Robotics develops touch- and vision-based sensing
solutions for modern industrial robots. Our compliant rubber tactile
sensors (“skin”) will give robots a sense of touch, equipping automation
systems with pressure sensing capabilities and providing accurate
position-orientation and force-torque data of contacted or handled objects.
*Our products* – We augment “picking and kitting” robots (robots that move
objects from a disorderly state to an orderly arrangement) with
high-performance adaptive positioning and handling capabilities, at
one-tenth of the cost of current vision systems and enabling the automation
of tasks that currently require human labor.

Respectfully,
Nicholas Wettels, PhD
President & CTO
Perception Robotics
C | 1.213.477.0710

*This communication (including any attachments) may contain privileged or
confidential information of Perception Robotics LLC and is intended for a
specific individual.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should
delete this communication, including any attachments without reading or
saving them in any manner, and you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this communication, or the taking of any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.*