[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Junior Faculty Positions at Princeton University's Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering

Naomi Leonard naomi at princeton.edu
Sat Oct 4 08:28:35 PDT 2014

Princeton University's Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering has two openings for tenure-track assistant professors in all areas of mechanical and aerospace engineering, including Robotics.    If you have any questions about the search process, please email me (naomi at princeton.edu).

Naomi Leonard

Assistant Professor
September 15, 2014

The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) at Princeton University is conducting a broad search for two (2) tenure-track assistant professors. We welcome applications from all areas in mechanical and aerospace engineering, including but not limited to the fields of robotics, lightweight structures, nonlinear mechanics, engineering systems, propulsion, and energy systems and efficiency. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, or a related subject, and have a demonstrated record of excellence in research with the potential to establish an independent research program. We seek faculty members who will create a climate that embraces excellence and diversity, with a strong commitment to teaching and mentoring.

Princeton’s MAE department has a long history of leadership in its core areas of Applied Physics, Dynamics and Controls, Fluid Mechanics, Materials Science, and Propulsion and Energy Sciences, with additional strength in cross-disciplinary efforts impacting areas such as biology, the environment, security, and space. We seek creative and enthusiastic candidates with the background and skills to build upon and complement our existing departmental strengths and those who can lead the department into new and exciting research areas in the future.

To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by December 1, 2014. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications and presentations, a 3-5 page summary of research accomplishments and future plans, a 1-2 page teaching statement, and contact information for at least three references online at http://jobs.princeton.edu, requisition number 1400675. Personal statements that summarize leadership experience and contributions to diversity are encouraged.

Princeton University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome applications from members of all underrepresented groups. This position is subject to the University's background check policy.