[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] ABB Discrete Automation and Motion is hiring in Michigan
michael.g.kent at us.abb.com
Mon Oct 13 07:24:05 PDT 2014
ABB is seeking a talented Robot Product Support Engineer for our Discrete
Automation and Motion manufacturing facility in Auburn Hills, MI. The
Discrete Automation and Motion division provides products, solutions and
related services that increase industrial productivity and energy
efficiency. Its motors, generators, drives, programmable logic controllers
(PLCs), power electronics and robotics provide power, motion and control for
a wide range of automation applications.The leading position in wind
generators and a growing offering in solar complement the industrial focus,
leveraging joint technology, channels and operations platforms.
This Robotic Support Engineer, under general guidance of a supervisor or
more experienced engineer, the will perform various engineering duties
requiring the exercise of judgment and application of standard engineering
principles and practices. The Robotic Product Support Engineer will pursue
initiatives to improve effectiveness of the group and increase customer
satisfaction. This role will also serve as a robot product expert to provide
technical support for robot production such as SAP product structure BOM
(Bill of Materials) and robot hardware/software issues.
• To implement and maintain product-structure BOM in SAP.
• Support production various issues such as BOM, hardware/software ,during
assembly and testing as needed.
• Provide technical support to sales team for various issues related to
robot products and application.
• Coordinate the ECO process in USCC organization, as interface to
• Support quality team with technical expertise.
• Support SCM/suppliers with quality requirements specification and
• Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience with industry control systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Automation.
• 5+ years of experience in industry control systems
• Knowledge and experience for industry robot system is preferred e.g. robot
Spot-welding system and robot arc welding system.
• Basic SAP knowledge.
• Basic project management.
• Effective communication and presentation skills within a global team
All interested parties, please forward resume to michael.g.kent at us.abb.com
View this message in context: http://robotics-worldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com/robotics-worldwide-jobs-ABB-Discrete-Automation-and-Motion-is-hiring-in-Michigan-tp5710277.html
Sent from the robotics-worldwide mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the robotics-worldwide