[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] robotics positions at ASU

Thomas Sugar Thomas.Sugar at asu.edu
Tue Oct 14 09:35:41 PDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

We have faculty positions in wearable robotics.

Sincerely,

Professor Tom Sugar

Faculty Positions in Wearable Robot Technologies
The Fulton Schools of Engineering at Arizona State University seek applicants for tenure-track/tenured faculty positions in wearable robot technologies.   Areas of interest include, but are not limited to: rehabilitation robotics, medical robots, mechanical design of robot systems, human-robot interaction, neurorobotics, prosthetics, orthotics, and soft robotics.  We particularly encourage candidates interested in cross-cutting research areas, such as evaluation, design, and translation of robotic devices, bio-inspired design, human performance enhancement technology and cyberphysical systems.
We seek applicants who will contribute to our programs and will leverage investments by the University in promoting interdisciplinary teaching and research.  These investments include, among others, the Biodesign Institute (http://biodesign.asu.edu), along with academic programs across the University and our health partners in the Valley including the Mayo Clinic (http://www.mayoclinic.com) and Barrows Neurological Institute (http://www.thebarrow.org).  The current openings are intended to broaden our expertise and expand collaborations
Required qualifications include an earned doctorate in engineering, computer science or a related field, demonstrated evidence of research capability and commitment to teaching excellence as appropriate to the candidate's rank.  Desired qualifications include a commitment to a collaborative, transdisciplinary approach to research and teaching.
Faculty members are expected to develop an internationally recognized and externally funded research program, develop and teach graduate and undergraduate courses, advise and mentor graduate and undergraduate students, and undertake service activities.
Appointments will be at the assistant, associate or full professor rank commensurate with the candidate's experience and accomplishments, beginning August 2015.   The appointment may be made in any of the Fulton Schools of Engineering's six schools.
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2014; if not filled, reviews will occur on the 1st and 15th of the month thereafter until the search is closed.  To apply, please submit as a single PDF file a cover letter, current CV, statements describing research and teaching interests and contact information for three references to werobot.faculty at asu.edu<mailto:werobot.faculty at asu.edu>.
For more information or questions about these positions, please contact the search committee chair Prof. Tom Sugar via email at thomas.sugar at asu.edu<mailto:thomas.sugar at asu.edu>.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.  All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.  See ASU's full non-discrimination statement (ACD 401) at https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and the Title IX statement at https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.