[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Position in Robotic Implants at Boston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School

Dupont, Pierre Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 15 08:27:31 PDT 2014

We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to create robots
that reside inside the body to induce tissue regeneration and to modulate
physiological functions. Strong design, prototyping and
system integration skills including real-time control are
needed.Experience in surgical robotics and animal experiments is
preferred. The ability to work collaboratively with clinicians is also
important. It is expected that the successful candidate will hold a PhD in
engineering, physics or computer science.

Our Lab's mission is to embed creative young engineers and scientists in
the #1 US pediatric hospital. This ensures that we work on clinically
important problems and enables us to rapidly transition engineering
prototypes to a clinical setting for testing. More information on our lab
can be found at: http://robotics.tch.harvard.edu

Qualified applicants should respond by email as soon as possible to Prof.
Pierre Dupont (Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu) with a description of
their qualifications, academic background, PhD thesis, publications,
career goals and availability. They should specify which position they are
interested in and include pdf's of up to 3 publications. Initial
appointments will be for one year with the possibility of extension.
Postdoctoral appointments will be made through Harvard Medical School.

Pierre E. Dupont
Boston Children's Hospital
Harvard Medical School