[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Faculty positions at MIT in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science

Russ Tedrake russt at mit.edu
Sun Oct 19 03:02:04 PDT 2014

Dear robotics colleagues,

I'm excited to announce that MIT Electrical Engineering and Computer Science is actively recruiting this year.  All research areas related to EECS will be considered, but robotics has been identified as a specific area of interest.  Please see the announcement below and seriously consider applying.  Feel free to contact me with any questions, or to simply to let me know that you are thinking about applying.

Best,
- Russ

PS - Did you know that MIT has at least 30 research groups working in robotics (http://robotics.mit.edu)?   I hope you will consider joining the team.

MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY

FACULTY POSITIONS

The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) seeks candidates for faculty positions starting in September 2015. Appointment will be at the assistant or untenured associate professor level. In special cases, a senior faculty appointment may be possible. Faculty duties include teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels, research, and supervision of student research. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. in electrical engineering and computer science or a related field by the start of employment.  We will consider candidates with research and teaching interests in any area of electrical engineering and computer science.

Candidates must register with the EECS search website at https://eecs-search.eecs.mit.edu, and must submit application materials electronically to this website. Candidate applications should include a description of professional interests and goals in both teaching and research. Each application should include a curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three or more individuals who will provide letters of recommendation. Letter writers should submit their letters directly to MIT, preferably on the website or by mailing to the address below. Please submit a complete application by December 1, 2014.

Send all materials not submitted on the website to:

Professor Anantha Chandrakasan
Department Head, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Room 38-401
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139

M.I.T. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.