[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Faculty Position in the Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics at MIT

Leia A Stirling leia at mit.edu
Fri Oct 17 08:58:29 PDT 2014

Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics has an opening for a tenure-track assistant professor. Our search covers all areas of aerospace engineering, including robotics. If you have any questions about the search process, please contact me (leia at mit.edu<mailto:leia at mit.edu>). Our call is listed below.

_____________________________
Prof. Leia Stirling
Draper Assistant Professor
Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Associate Faculty, Institute for Medical Engineering & Science
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
leia at mit.edu<mailto:leia at mit.edu>

The Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics at MIT invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position with a start date of September 1, 2015 or thereafter. The department is conducting a search for exceptional candidates with a strong background in any discipline related to Aerospace Engineering, broadly defined. We are seeking highly qualified candidates with a commitment to research and education. Faculty duties include teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels, advising students, and conducting research.

Candidates should hold a doctoral degree in a field related to aerospace engineering by the beginning of employment. The search is for a candidate to be hired at the assistant professor level; however, under special circumstances, a senior faculty appointment is possible.

Applications must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, 2-3 page statement of research and teaching interests and goals, and names and contact information of at least three individuals who will provide letters of recommendation.   Applications must be submitted as a pdf at https://school-of-engineering-faculty-search.mit.edu/aeroastro/register.tcl.  Letters of recommendation must be submitted directly by the recommenders at https://school-of-engineering-faculty-search.mit.edu/letters.

To ensure full consideration, complete applications should be received by December 1, 2014.   Note: Applications will be considered complete only when both the applicant materials and at least three letters of recommendations are received.

MIT is building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.

For more information on the Department of Aeronautics & Astronautics at MIT, please visit http://aeroastro.mit.edu.

We especially encourage minorities and women to apply, because of MIT's strong commitment to diversity in education, research and practice.

MIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.

https://school-of-engineering-faculty-search.mit.edu/aeroastro/