[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Workshop on Marine Sensors and Manipulators, Gran Canaries, Feb 11-13

Maarja Kruusmaa Maarja.Kruusmaa at ttu.ee
Wed Oct 22 03:42:55 PDT 2014

Dear colleagues

Continuing the workshop organized last year http://dsorsrv02.isr.ist.utl.pt/wmr2013/ in the Canaries, we are currently organizing another Workshop for 2015 this time focused on Sensors and Manipulators, chairs being Oussama Khatib USA, Maarja Kruusmaa ESTONIA, Eduardo Silva PORTUGAL and Darío Sosa SPAIN

Dates will be 11th to 13th February. Besides the call for papers, that might be of your interest, we are preparing hands-on workshop and demos at a nearby pool, 10 minutes walking from the Museum where the Conference is held, and at the port, just in front the Museum.

Sea/pool demos

University of Tallin - TURTLE - pool

University of Girona - SPARUS II - workshop and sea

Dry demos expected:

ACSM - titanium manipulator for ROVs,

PAL-Robotics - Compliance Robotic arm (dry)

SensorLab - PH Sensor

Extended abstracts should be sent by October 31 to  eurocast at iuctc.ulpgc.es<mailto:eurocast at iuctc.ulpgc.es> following the Springer LNCS formatting instructions.  For more information please refer to http://eurocast2015.fulp.ulpgc.es/workshops-and-chair-persons

Finally selected full papers will be published in LNCS.

In addition, together with the Session for Modelling and Control of Robots we are organising a special issue in Mechanical Sciences http://www.mechanical-sciences.net<http://www.mechanical-sciences.net/>. From selected and peer-reviewed full papers. Mechanical Science is an IFToMM and ISI indexed open access journal with high quality standards (last year's yet unpublished IF=3.1).

Looking forward to meet you in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria!

All the best,

Dario Sosa

Eduardo Silva

Oussama Khatib