[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Position at Carnegie Mellon in Robotic Manipulation

Matt Mason matt.mason at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 22 12:56:10 PDT 2014

Postdoctoral Position at the Manipulation Lab in the Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University

The Manipulation Lab combines mechanical design with machine learning and modeling of the basic mechanical processes of manipulation.  The goal of this project is to extend the MLab's fundamental research and apply it to the automation of small electro-mechanical parts manufacturing.  This project is part of Carnegie Mellon's new collaboration with Foxconn.  We expect to spend time with Foxconn facilities and engineers, probably including travel to China and Taiwan.

We want to fill the position as soon as possible. The applicant should hold a PhD in a robotics-related field.

To apply, please send a CV, a brief statement of research interests and experience, up to 3 sample publications, and the contact details of three references to Prof. Matthew Mason (matt.mason at ri.cmu.edu).

Matthew Mason
Professor, Robotics and Computer Science
Director, Robotics Institute
Carnegie Mellon University