[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Post doctoral and staff position available in the Biorobotics Labs at the Robotics Institute of Carnegie Mellon University

Howie Choset choset at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 24 11:25:47 PDT 2014

The Biorobotics Lab reduces complicated high-dimensional problems found
in robotics to low-dimensional simpler ones for design, analysis, and
planning. Often, we look to biology for inspiration and sometimes, we
return the favor by providing analysis that models and helps to explain
biology. We have openings in three different projects:

1. Design and planning for the next generation of autonomous guided
vehicles. This project is part of Carnegie Mellon's new collaboration
with Foxconn.

2. Biologically inspired control of full body locomotors and
manipulators. We work closely with biologists to collect data and,
driven by this data, derive fundamental controllers and motion planners
for full body mechanisms such as snake robots.

3. Multi-agent path planners. We have developed a novel framework for
multi-agent planning that is computationally efficient and lends itself
to combined planning and control.

The post-doc applicant should hold a PhD in a robotics-related field,
while the staff applicant must have a BS or MS and a portfolio of robot
project experience. To apply, please send a CV, a brief statement of
research interests, your skype ID, and experience, up to 3 sample
publications, and the contact details of three references to Howie
Choset (choset at cs.cmu.edu <mailto:choset at cs.cmu.edu>)

In your statement, please make it clear what you have done, what
project/projects you are interested in, if possible, how your background
supports this interest, and your long-term research goals.  Blind
submissions to this request will not be seriously considered, so please
take the time to look at my group's different robots, papers and website
- http://biorobotics.org <http://biorobotic.org/>.

Thank you for your interest,
Howie

--