[robotics-worldwide] [news] Robots and Art: Photo, Video, and Costume Challenges

Chris Atkeson cga at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 23 13:47:29 PDT 2014

CMU Robotics Challenges: My Robot Friend

The inflatable robot Baymax in the upcoming movie Disney Big Hero 6 was
inspired by Siddharth Sanan's research on inflatable robots here at CMU. To
honor Siddharth, the interaction of robotics and art, and the 35th anniversary
of the founding of the Robotics Institute, The CMU IDeATe Program and the
Robotics Institute are sponsoring a photo/video/costume contest. The theme of
the contest is My Robot Friend.
Contestants should submit photos and/or videos with the theme My Robot
Friend. Pictures and videos can be of research or personal robots,
imaginary robots or robot art, or a Halloween costume. There are two
categories: A) cute soft lovable huggable robots, and B) metal monsters.
Winners get free tickets to Big Hero 6 during opening weekend.
Contestants should put their photos and videos on the web (facebook,
twitter (#cmurobotcontest), youtube (put CMUROBOTCONTEST in description),
instagram, web page, ...) and send email to cga at cmu.edu with the URL by
midnight Nov. 3 (in any time zone).
More rules and fine print are at www.cs.cmu.edu/~cga/bighero6

I will also buy a ticket for any robot you take to the movie Big Hero 6 during
opening weekend Nov 7-9.
Rules and fine print are at www.cs.cmu.edu/~cga/bighero6

Chris