[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Faculty opening at Harvard - deadline next week

Robert Howe howe at seas.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 31 05:35:21 PDT 2014

Below is the announcement for our robotics faculty opening, please
contact me <howe at seas.harvard.edu> if you have questions about the search.

-Rob Howe
http://biorobotics.harvard.edu

Tenure-track Faculty Position in Robotics

The Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) seeks
applicants for a tenure-track faculty position in Robotics. We invite
applications in the broadly defined areas of: dynamics and control (e.g.
theoretical controls, biomechanics modeling, multi-body dynamics, system
identification); perception; autonomy (e.g. bioinspired approaches to
robot autonomy); and human-robot interaction (e.g. biosignal
processing). However, applications from strong candidates in the general
  area of robotics and automation will also be considered. The expected
  start date is July 1, 2015.

Candidates are required to have a doctorate or terminal degree by the
expected start date.  In addition, we seek candidates who have an
outstanding research record and a strong commitment to undergraduate
teaching and graduate training.  In particular, we are looking for
broadly educated and multidisciplinary applicants who can interact with
  a wide range of faculty in Robotics and other areas of SEAS.  Priority
  will be given to the overall potential of the candidate.

Required application documents include a cover letter, curriculum vitae,
  statement of research interests, a teaching statement, up to three
representative papers, and names and contact information for three to
five references.  We encourage candidates to apply by November 1, 2014,
  but will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
  Applicants will apply on-line at
http://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/5620

Robotics research at Harvard benefits from outstanding undergraduate and
  graduate students, an excellent location relative to neighboring
schools  and Harvard's teaching hospitals, significant industrial
collaboration,  and substantial support from the School of Engineering
and Applied  Sciences.  Information about SEAS's current faculty,
research, and  educational programs is available at:

http://www.seas.harvard.edu

Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.