[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Kiva Systems Looking for Robotic Systems Research Engineer
PWurman at kivasystems.com
Fri Oct 31 12:31:26 PDT 2014
Robotic Systems Research Engineer
Kiva Systems LLC is a wholly owned and rapidly growing subsidiary of Amazon.com. Kiva automates fulfillment centers, dramatically increasing productivity, flexibility, and throughput. Using thousands of autonomous mobile robots and sophisticated control software, the Kiva Mobile Fulfillment System enables extremely fast cycle times with reduced labor requirements, from receiving to picking to shipping.
Kiva’s Research and Advanced Development group is seeking a passionate, self-motivated and experienced electrical/mechanical/mechatronics/robotics engineer to join a small, talented team exploring and developing new technologies applied to enhancing Kiva’s existing robot-based fulfillment solution. Specific applications include specialized mobile robots, location awareness sensors, advanced machine vision solutions, power and charging systems.
The ideal candidate will have experience conceptualizing, designing, building, programming and evaluating novel mechatronic, robotic or electro-mechanical systems. Additional experience with embedded systems, sensors, computer vision, robotic manipulation and motion planning is considered a plus. An ability and desire to be hands-on, creating and evaluating proof-of-concept prototypes is essential. This candidate must also have excellent written communication skills and the ability to work well both independently and in team settings. Further, this candidate should be familiar with fast paced environments and the high energy culture that goes with launching innovative new products.
· Work with engineering to provide guidance on research objectives and goals
· Research functional requirements for new technology directions.
· Design and implement physical electro-mechanical system prototypes.
· Design and execute field testing of prototypes.
· Document research findings in writing and present findings orally.
· Engage in regular communication with engineering departments for technology transfer. .
· Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
· At least 5 years of experience performing hands-on electro-mechanical design.
· Experience with advanced design and analysis tools (e.g. MatLab, SolidWorks)
· Experience with developing/implementing test protocols for evaluating prototypes
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Highly motivated, self-directed and willing to dig in and pursue new knowledge areas
Please send qualified resumes to jobs at kivasystems.com and put your name and the job title on the subject line.
Pete Wurman, Ph.D. | Chief Technology Officer | Kiva Systems, Inc.
More information about the robotics-worldwide