[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] IROS Kickoff Social - RAS TC on Mechanisms and Design

Aaron Dollar aaron.dollar at yale.edu
Mon Sep 15 13:36:14 PDT 2014

Hello -

The IEEE Robotics and Automation Society Technical Committee on Mechanisms
and Design (www.robotmechanisms.org) will be holding a Kickoff social event
at IROS 2014 on Wednesday night (9/17) at 7pm (directly after the farewell
party). We have reserved a private room downstairs. We will provide TC
members (you can join on-site!) with dinner (Chicago-style deep-dish pizza)
and a free drink ticket (with cash bar available).

This event is mostly designed to get members of the Robot Mechanisms and
Design research community to interact socially, and will have a few brief
words from the TC Co-Chairs.

We will also have a "deep-dish design competition" - groups of up to four
will be given 15 minutes and two slices of pizza (with a few additional
materials) to construct the best mechanism they can - with the winners being
forever immortalized on the TC website (and free drinks for the rest of the
evening).

Please spread the word to others that you think may be interested in this
event.

Location:

Pizano's Pizzeria

61 East Madison St. (2 blocks from the conference - between North Wabash and
North Garland)

7pm - ask for "Robot Mechanisms and Design" group

We look forward to seeing you there!

Sincerely,

-          TC Co-Chairs: Aaron Dollar, Kyujin Cho, Claudio Semini, and Matei
Ciocarlie

Aaron M. Dollar

John J. Lee Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials
Science

Yale University

office: (203) 436-9122

aaron.dollar at yale.edu