[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] PhD position in Autonomous UAV Systems
Erdal Kayacan (Asst Prof)
erdal at ntu.edu.sg
Mon Sep 15 23:22:24 PDT 2014
Fully funded PhD position in the Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Laboratory in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at NTU (Singapore) is available.
Research topic: Autonomous UAV Systems
Primary job function is to design, develop and implement perception and control algorithms for autonomous flight. Tasks will include the development, simulation, mechanical and aerodynamic design and implementation of autonomous UAVs.
- Prospective candidates should hold a M.Sc. degree in electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, automatic control, mechatronics, applied mathematics, or other related disciplines from reputable universities.
- She/He should have a strong background and interest in the general areas of systems and control along with a very good experience and background on mechanical design and analysis. Applicants with experience on power electronics will be given priority.
- The candidate should also have excellent verbal and writing skills in English. (A TOEFL score of > 570 paper-based, > 230 computer-based, > 88 internet-based or a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 is required.
- A Bachelor's degree with honors of at least a Second Class Upper Level or equivalent (min GPA: 3.2/4.0)
- International applicants are also required to have a Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) score of at least 90% or Total GRE score of >310/3.5 where score for verbal section must be min 146, score for quantitative section must be min 155 and analytical writing score is at least 3.5.
The application should consist of:
* A motivation letter (explaining the reason that you are interested in the project, background and motivations),
* A CV with a full publication list,
* The contact details of three referees.
These documents must be compiled as a single pdf file, and named as "<Name>_<Surname>.pdf". Then, the single file should be sent to "erdal at ntu.edu.sg" with a subject line of "PhD application of <Name><Surname>".
The positions will be available from Jan, 2015.
The deadline for the applications is 25th of September 2014.
CONFIDENTIALITY:This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged.If you are not the intended recipient,please delete it,notify us and do not copy,use,or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth:Print only when necessary.Thank you.
More information about the robotics-worldwide