[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Fellow, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago

brenna d. argall brenna.argall at northwestern.edu
Fri Sep 26 07:30:31 PDT 2014

Job opening: Postdoctoral Fellow, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
and Northwestern University

The Assistive & Rehabilitation Robotics Lab (argallab) at the
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago invites applications for a
Postdoctoral Fellow position. Our research lies at the intersection of
autonomous robots, rehabilitation robotics and machine learning. We work
with a range of hardware platforms, from a smart wheelchair to a 6+1-DoF
assistive robotic arm, and have multiple active research projects. For
more information, please visit:
http://smpp.northwestern.edu/research/argallab/

The lab is recently founded, and this is an exciting opportunity for a
motivated and enthusiastic individual to contribute to and gain
experience with building the technical and theoretical foundations of a
growing academic research group, that moreover is situated within a
unique applied research environment.

The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago is the premier rehabilitation
hospital in the United States (ranked #1 for 24 consecutive years by
World & News Report), with the largest physical rehabilitation research
center in the world. The hospital is located on the shores of Lake
Michigan in downtown Chicago.

Our lab also is affiliated with Northwestern University (the departments
of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (EECS) and Physical
Medicine & Rehabilitation (PMR)). The Postdoctoral Fellow will be
affiliated with Northwestern University as well.

Applications: Electronic only. Please submit your CV and letter of
intent (2-page limit) online through the following site:
http://tinyurl.com/lvch78a. Promising applicants will be asked to follow
up with letters of reference.

Specific inquiries may be addressed to the lab director, Prof. Brenna
Argall, at the following email address: brenna.argall at northwestern.edu