[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Multiple Faculty Positions at Univ. Nebraska-Lincoln in Robotics

Carrick Detweiler carrick at cse.unl.edu
Fri Sep 26 12:42:11 PDT 2014

Dear All,

The Computer Science and Engineering Department at the University
of Nebraska-Lincoln is entering an exciting growth period. This
year we are looking to hire *three* tenure-track faculty
members. Two of the positions are in the area of Robotics at the
Assistant Professor level, and one is in the general area of
Security at any rank.

We are particularly interested in candidates working in field
robotics, controls, perception, collaborative systems,
human-robot interaction, and others. For details on the positions
please see:

https://cse.unl.edu/facultysearch/

I have included a bit more information at the end of this email
about my Department and the city of Lincoln, but please do not
hesitate to contact me with questions about the position, my
Department, or my city. Thanks.

Carrick

Why CSE at UNL?  CSE is home to over 30 faculty, 120 graduate
students, and 600 undergraduates who span a range of areas in
computer science and computer engineering. We are organized in
three research clusters: Informatics, Software Engineering, and
Systems. The Department is broadly recognized as being one of the
top 40 of 126 ranked programs in the U.S., with our Software
Engineering program among the top five, and twelve faculty
members being recipients of the NSF CAREER Award.  CSE also hosts
several labs including the Abacus Distributed Storage Lab, the
Constraint Systems Lab, the Cyber-Physical Networking Laboratory,
the Holland Computing Center, the e2 (Empirically-based Software
Quality Research and Development) Lab, and the NIMBUS (Nebraska
Intelligent MoBile Unmanned Systems) Lab. The Department also
leads several multi-disciplinary efforts in Bioinformatics,
Digital Humanities, CMS Tier 2, Sensor/Agriculture, and
Nanotechnology.

Why Lincoln?
- A growing city of more than 300,000 people
- #1 U.S. City, Quality of Life (The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index,
2012)
- Lincoln Public Schools ranked 2nd in quality of education in an
eight-state area of the Midwest.
- #7 best downtown (Livability.com 2012)
- #1 in America's Healthiest Small Cities (Daily Finance 2014)
- 6th Best Place for Business and Careers (Forbes, 2014)
- 6th best city for college students (among cities with 250,000–1,000,000
residents) (American Institute for Economic Research, 2012)
- Lincoln's health care costs are among the lowest in the nation according
to a study by Milliman & Robertson, Inc.,
- 5th Safest American City (Forbes, 2011)
- Bicycle Friendly Community (The League of American Bicyclists, 2012) with
125+ miles of trails
- Top 20 - America's Thriving Cities (The Daily Beast, 2013)

--
Dr. Carrick Detweiler
Assistant Professor
http://cse.unl.edu/~carrick/