[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Position at Honda HRI-SV

D. Ilstrup dave0mi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 12:03:28 PDT 2014

Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) is at the cutting edge of Honda's
research and development activities. Inspired by Honda's global slogan -
The Power of Dreams - we pursue emerging technologies and bring them into
reality to make people happy, even as we are engaged daily in highly
scientific, pioneering work. We realize that dreams don't come from
organizations, systems, or money. They come from people, and we seek people
who have such challenging spirits to work with us.

*Scientist (Job Number: P13F01) *

HRI in Mountain View, California, has an opening for a Scientist to develop
algorithms processing input from cameras, inertial motion sensors, GPS and
other sensors for use in real-time systems to accurately and robustly
produce estimates including vehicle position and orientation.

The successful applicant will be a part of a research team developing and
implementing a real-time ADAS and autonomous driving platform.

His/her responsibilities include:
* Ability to develop software employing image processing and computer
vision techniques
* Employ sensor fusion techniques with multi-modal data
* Data association between sensor and map information
* Setup and run module regression tests using large collections of sensor
data
* Benchmarking results against ground truth data

Qualifications:
* A minimum of an M.S. degree in Computer Science, EE or related field
* Excellent skills in C++ and Linux
* Experience with real-time camera and other sensor processing
* Knowledge of computer vision, robotic navigation and/or related areas

Desirable:
* PhD degree in Computer Science, EE or related field
* CUDA programming, runtime optimization
* Working knowledge of libraries such as OpenCV and PCL
* Experience with CAN bus, GPS, IMU, vehicle odometry and dynamic models
* Knowledge of GIS coordinate systems and data manipulation

Duration:
* Limited 3-year associate position with the possibility of further
extensions or transition to a long term position at the company's
discretion.

To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to

fulltime at honda-ri.com

*with the subject line clearly indicating the job number you are applying
for.*
*Name your attachments as "FirstName.LastName.OrganizationName.cv.pdf" *
*Candidates must have the legal right to work for Honda Research Institute
in the U.S.A. *

Please note that we receive a large number of applications and cannot
communicate with every one of you. We will carefully review each
application and contact you if there is a good match.