[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Systems Engineer (Robotics)
andrea.bajo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 14:02:53 PDT 2015
TransEnterix Surgical Inc. is a medical device company that is pioneering
the use of flexible instruments and robotics to improve the outcomes of
minimally invasive surgery. Specifically, we are addressing the challenges
presented to patients, surgeons, hospitals and payers in laparoscopy and
robotic surgery today.
The R&D department is looking for a Systems Engineer with expertise and
experience in the general area of robotics. The Systems Engineer will
provide systems level support for front end development efforts focused on
exploring next generation architectures and optimization of current
- Systems engineering for R&D teams focused on research, design,
integration, and evaluation of robotic platforms and sub-systems.
- Performs deep technical analysis of the kinematic structures and
complimentary control algorithms associated with current and next gen
surgical robotic systems.
- Develops the control algorithms and is responsible for design and
implementation of the control system for early prototype and proof of
concept surgical robots.
- Interacts and drives architectural and design changes in the
mechanical and electrical design of the system to improve system
performance related to the control system.
- Works collaboratively with a team to generate new product ideas and
understand key concepts relating to the control of flexible robotic systems.
- Selects and interfaces with vendors as necessary.
- Participates in labs to evaluate concepts and designs.
- Interacts with Surgeons, Customers, and Marketing personnel to define
customer requirements and end goals.
- Reviews and analyses, including formal reports when necessary, such
things as product concepts and needs, patents, sales and marketing plans,
- Evaluates Intellectual Property with Legal as it relates to current
and new concepts
- Complies with regulatory requirements, and company design control
- M.S. (PhD preferred) in mechanical engineering or closely related
- Experience designing, implementing and analyzing robotic control
- Experience with embedded Real Time Operating Systems
- Experience with dc motor control algorithms
- Exposure to flexible robotics, parallel mechanisms, mechanism design,
and mechanisms synthesis
- Experience with kinematics modelling, dynamics modelling, force
control, calibration, parameter estimation, telemanipulation
- Experience with CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Solid working knowledge of regulatory requirements for software and
hardware development, including knowledge of standards such as IEC 60601,
ISO 13485, ISO 14971 preferred.
- Must demonstrate authorization to legally work in the United States
(US citizens, permanent residents, F-1 OPT, F-1 CPT, H-1)
- Agile with Matlab, Simulink, Symbolic Toolbox or Maple/Mathematica
- Agile with at least one of the following: C, C++, C#, Java, Structured
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills
- Strong mathematical skills
If you are interested in the position and would like to apply, please
browse the career section of the company website (
Andrea Bajo, Ph.D.
More information about the robotics-worldwide