[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Mobile Robotics Engineer at ASCAMM Technology Centre (Barcelona)
Daniel Serrano (ASCAMM)
dserrano at ascamm.com
Tue Apr 14 07:11:52 PDT 2015
The ASCAMM Technology Centre is a private, non-profit market-oriented
research institution located in Barcelona, which has been developing its
activities for almost 25 years in industrial R&D and knowledge transfer.
ASCAMM Foundation has a strong focus on the generation of technology for
the creation of high added value developments and products. For over 10
years, the Autonomous System unit in ASCAMM has been involved in the
development of autonomous robots, with large experience in applied
research and field trials.
Mobile Robotics Engineer
The Autonomous Systems Unit is looking for a highly motivated research
engineer in the area of autonomous navigation. The applicant shall work
on national and European projects dealing with robotic systems. He/she
will be involved in the development of Micro Aerial Vehicles (MAV) and
ground robots (UGV) to enhance the capabilities and reliability of
intelligent field robots operating in realistic scenarios. The main
responsibilities will include to
* Develop and maintain our prototype robotics platforms and payloads.
* Contribute and support our software developments in probabilistic
state-estimation, multisensor-based navigation, trajectory optimization,
data fusion and heterogeneous fleet collaboration.
* Extensive testing and field trials
* MSc in Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent.
* Experience with Robotics
* Knowledge about ROS (Robot Operating System) and Computer Vision.
* Advanced experience with C++ and soft real-time programming.
* Team spirit and ability to work independently.
* Excellent communication skills, flexibility and creativity. Very
good knowledge of English is required.
Desired skills and experience
* Integration, maintenance & operations of MAV.
* Experience with robotic hardware and electronics.
* Experience with precise GNSS positioning systems.
* Experience with remote sensing techniques.
The job positions are available immediately.
Send the CV and motivation letter as a single PDF by email to
dserrano at ascamm.com. Internship positions also available under request.
Research Engineer / Head of the Autonomous Systems Unit
Intelligent Systems Department
E:dserrano at ascamm.com T: +34 935 944 700 (ext. 496)
Fundació Privada Ascamm
Parc Tecnològic del Vallès
Av. Universitat Autònoma, 23
08290 – Cerdanyola del Vallès (Barcelona) – España
Tel: +34 935 944 700 Fax. +34 935 801 102
More information about the robotics-worldwide