[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics Software Engineer

Riano Lorenzo (CR/RTC1.1-NA) Lorenzo.Riano at us.bosch.com
Fri Apr 10 17:29:14 PDT 2015

Bosch R&D in Palo Alto, California, is looking for an excellent candidate in software engineer for robotics.

!!! Please visit https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH08/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BSHHOME&cws=1&rid=1437 to apply.  !!!

Details below:

BSH Home Appliances Corporation

Operating in the United States under the brands Bosch, Thermador and Gaggenau, BSH Home Appliances Corporation is highly regarded as a market leader for innovation in home appliance technology.  As an international group with over 12.2 billion in annual sales, we continually strive to engage our dedicated customers around the world through intelligent engineering, streamlined design and a distinct ease of use.

Our Palo Alto, CA location is currently seeking applicants for:

Software Engineer, Robotics

Software expert will be responsible to support robotic navigation.

Responsibilities:

*       Develop, implement and adapt software for robotic navigation at our US site in Palo Alto, California
*       Work together with a software architect in Germany and software experts around the world
*       Align software specifications in a creative environment together with Bosch & BSH
*       Coordinate with local US team to integrate BSH Home Connect requirements
*       Support development / implementation robotic modules, SLAM and charging station
*       Ideally have some knowledge about electronic platform definition and development
*       Ideally have some knowledge about mobile devices, embedded systems, e.g. Qualcomm chips, and ROS
*       Perform all other duties as assigned.

Requirements:

*       Masters in Computer Science or comparable degree; would consider a Bachelors equivalent with additional experience
*       Minimum 5 years in a software development field; would consider less for right candidate
*       Ideal candidate will have a minimum 3 years in designing for real time operating systems for robotic navigation
*       Must be self driven with a start- up/ innovation mentality
*       Must have a passion for the robotics field
*       Must work well with interdisciplinary and multinational teams
*       Expert knowledge in software for robotic navigation with ROS knowledge
*       Advanced knowledge with embedded software solutions and real time operation systems (RTOS)
*       Should be familiar with all Microsoft Office products and SAP.
*       Additional attributes include Creativity, Curiosity and Visionary

Benefits:

We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, holidays, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, educational assistance and 401(k) plan.

This position is eligible for the BSH Associate Referral Program

EOE / AA Employer

We participate in E-Verify

More information at https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH08/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BSHHOME&cws=1&rid=1437

--