[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Systems Analyst (Robotics Control Engineer) at Intuitive Surgical
Mahdi.Azizian at intusurg.com
Wed Apr 8 09:41:08 PDT 2015
We are looking for an outstanding candidate for a systems analyst (robotics control engineer) position in medical research team at Intuitive Surgical. Job description is attached, send me your resume if you are interested.
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures highly complex robotic systems for use in minimally invasive surgical applications. These master-slave tele-robotic systems consist of several multi-degree-of-freedom robotic manipulators that are used to measure motion inputs from the surgeon and to maneuver surgical instruments. Systems Analysts at Intuitive Surgical perform a central role in the design, development, and support of new products. They are primarily responsible for the control algorithms, safety systems, and user interfaces for new surgical robots and surgical instruments. This responsibility crosses into electrical, mechanical, software, controls, and safety engineering where all the subsystems are integrated together. Systems Analysts strive to provide early design input, quickly prove out new designs, and seek out solutions to subtle and challenging problems in system integration. Responsibilities continue until the products are shipping to customers with the highest quality and reliability. A successful candidate will be equally comfortable leading architecture development and producing high-quality implementations that lend themselves to re-use, testing, and productization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
* Completing early stage research and proof-of-concept work to establish technical feasibility and clinical value. This includes seeking out solutions to subtle and challenging problems in system integration.
* Contribute to multiple areas of software development to evaluate new product concepts in the field of robotic surgery.
* Performing detailed analysis of manipulator kinematics, statics, and dynamics for multi-degree-of-freedom robotic manipulators.
* Facilitate mechanical, hardware, and software integration of new prototypes and new products including complete systems.
* Masters or PhD in CS/EE/ME or related degree with experience in software development for mechatronic systems
* Typically requires a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience
* Excellent C/C++ programming skills (sample code required)
* Excellent MATLAB programming skills
* Experience with version control systems (Subversion, Git, etc.)
* Experience with real-time systems and real-time programming
* Strong understanding of kinematics and dynamics of robot manipulators
* Strong understanding of optimization techniques
* Experience with embedded systems is a plus
* Knowledge of medical imaging technologies is a plus
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to quickly develop a prototype while thinking about future capabilities and modularity of developed hardware/software components
* Detail oriented and able to develop and push a single solution to completion
* Analytical thinker with the ability to get to the roots of a problem
* Interested in early R&D/prototype efforts
* Interested in phantom and in-vivo trials
Web Link: https://intuitive.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=150185&lang=en
Mahdi Azizian, Ph.D.
Sr. Systems Analyst | Intuitive Surgical, Inc. |
1266 Kifer Road, Sunnyvale, CA 94086 |
Email: mahdi.azizian at intusurg.com
More information about the robotics-worldwide