[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] CfP: RSS 2015 Workshop - Reviewing the review process: An open review experiment for the robotics community

Gian Diego Tipaldi tipaldi at cs.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Apr 2 02:53:48 PDT 2015

Call for papers: RSS 2015 Workshop:
Reviewing the review process: An open review experiment for the robotics
community.
July 17, 2015, Rome
Website: http://openreview.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/

MOTIVATION AND OBJECTIVES
The reviewing process for robotics conferences has remained quite
constant over the past decades, while the community has grown many
folds. It is widely recognized that the current reviewing system is far
from perfect and has some serious deficiency: It is slow, taking up to
six months from submission to publication. Anonymous reviewers might be
biased. Reviewers get little credit for their good work and can write
bad reviews with almost no consequences. Traditional peer review is also
a static process, where changes in the paper can only be done at
pre-scheduled intervals.

With this workshop, we want to increase awareness for an open reviewing
process. We believe that open review will not only help the authors and
reviewers but also significantly improve the quality of publications.
The goal of the workshop is two-fold. On one side, it is a discussion
forum on the current reviewing model and the benefits of a more open
system. On the other side, it will serve as an open review experiment,
where we select contributed papers from all areas in robotics to be
presented based on an open review model.

CALL FOR PAPERS
------------------------
We encourage submission of papers from all aspects of robotics research
that the authors believe have great potentials, even if they present a
proof of concept. Additionally, we encourage submission of papers that
the authors believe may have a significant impact but received
unsatisfactory reviews from previous submissions. The papers will be
reviewed publicly by the community using the open-review paradigm.

Further details are available on
http://openreview.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/cfp

SPECIAL ISSUE ON AUTONOMOUS ROBOTS
Selected papers will be considered for a special issue on community
reviewed papers in Autonomous Robots. More details on the special issue
will be given later.

IMPORTANT DATES
-------------------------
Submission deadline:  May 10
Commenting closes:  June 5
Decision of papers:  June 12
Workshop:  July 17

FURTHER INFORMATION
--------------------------------
Please visit the webpage http://openreview.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/
or contact the organizers

Gian Diego Tipaldi, Pratik Agarwal, Wolfram Burgard
University of Freiburg, Germany

--
Dr. Gian Diego Tipaldi
Akademischer Rat (Lecturer)

Department of Computer Science
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
Georges-Köhler-Allee 79, D-79110 Freiburg, Germany
Email : tipaldi at cs.uni-freiburg.de
Phone : +49 (0) 761 203 8014