[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics Scientist Position at Bossa Nova Robotics

Sarjoun Skaff sarjoun at bnrobotics.com
Tue Apr 7 06:15:18 PDT 2015

Bossa Nova Robotics is a Carnegie Mellon spin-off building robots that live
and work around people. We are a small company focused on solving big
problems with robots in a fast-paced, creative environment. We are looking
for an outstanding Robotics Scientist to develop advanced behaviors for
autonomous robots.

Job Description
============
- Research and develop algorithms for planning, perception, localization,
controls and user interaction.
- Use a combination of simulation, experimentation and mathematical
analysis to evaluate the performance of algorithms and robotic systems
- Support testing of software and platforms for production

Requirements
===========
- 6 years experience in robotics systems development and operation
- Experience in two or more of the following: planning and navigation,
robot perception, machine learning.
- Excellent C/C++ and MATLAB programing skills
- Mastery of ROS
- Strong problem solving skills and fast learner. Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Linux and Windows development environments
- Availability for travel overseas
- Minimum Degree: MS or PhD in Robotics or equivalent

Nice to Have
==========
- Hands-on experience in human robot interaction design
- Experience with Gazebo or similar simulation environments
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with version control systems (git, mercurial)

To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to jobs at bnrobotics.com.

See our other job openings at http://www.bnrobotics.com/#!jobs/cbq9

Sarjoun Skaff
Founder & CTO
Bossa Nova Robotics

--
sarjoun skaff, phd | founder & cto | bossa nova robotics | +1 (412) 267-7266
 | www.bnrobotics.com
*“if i were a robot, i would run”*