[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Mechanical Engineer Position at Bossa Nova Robotics

Sarjoun Skaff sarjoun at bnrobotics.com
Mon Apr 20 15:37:19 PDT 2015

Bossa Nova Robotics is a Carnegie Mellon spin-off building robots that live
and work around people. We are a small company focused on solving big
problems with robots in a fast-paced, creative environment. We are looking
for a mechanical engineer with deep hands-on experience in mechanical
design and manufacturing

Job Description
============
- Design integrated robotic systems
- Lead design for manufacturing
- Design for robustness, modularity, and serviceability
- Interface with manufacturers
- Fabricate, machine, prototype components, subsystems and robot systems
- Design and develop electromechanical test rigs for prototype development
and volume manufacturing
- Manage third party vendors
- Select and source high-performance motors for mobile robots

Requirements
===========
- Outstanding mechanical design intuition
- Sharp attention to detail
- 6 years hands-on experience with design of integrated systems
- Hands-on experience with design for manufacturing
- Experience with drafting and tolerances
- Analytical understanding of physics, dynamics and statics
- Mastery of Solidworks
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to plan work and manage schedule
- Availability for overseas travel
- Minimum Degree: BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics or equivalent

Nice to Have
- Experience in the automotive sector
- Experience in advanced controls
- Embedded programming

To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to jobs at bnrobotics.com.

See our other job openings at http://www.bnrobotics.com/#!jobs/cbq9

--
sarjoun skaff, phd | founder & cto | bossa nova robotics | +1 (412) 267-7266
 | www.bnrobotics.com
*“if i were a robot, i would run”*