[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Multiple Positions at Fetch Robotics

MeloneeWise mwise at fys.systems
Sat Apr 4 16:34:32 PDT 2015

Fetch Robotics is a venture-backed Silicon Valley startup that will
revolutionize the the way work is done with innovative robotic solutions.
Our team members are robotics experts with multidisciplinary backgrounds.

We are looking for the following:

*Motion Planning Engineer*
We are looking for a talented software engineer with extensive hands-on
experience with robots and a deep background in motion planning. This person
will be responsible for the development and refinement of motion planning
and grasping capabilities on our autonomous mobile manipulators. They will
work closely with vision and applications engineers to integrate new motion
planning solutions into the platform.

*Required Skills:*
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field.
- 3+ year of software engineering experience with C++. Python is a plus.
- Expertise in motion planning approaches for robotics, especially high
degree of freedom arms.
- Love of robots, even when they come up with sub-optimal plans (and a
strong drive to make those plans more optimal).

*Nice To Haves:*
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Experience with MoveIt and/or SBPL.
- Knowledge of collision detection and checking.

*Apply:*https://fetchrobotics.has-jobs.com/motion-planning-engineer-san-jose/43607/0

*Perception Engineer*
We are looking for a talented software engineer with extensive hands-on
experience with robots and a deep background in vision and robot perception.
The ideal candidate is well versed in state-of-the-art, real time 2D and 3D
perception algorithms, especially for cluttered and unstructured scenes, and
has deployed them on real robotic hardware.

This person will be responsible for the development and refinement of
perception capabilities on our autonomous mobile manipulators. They will
work closely with applications engineers to integrate their solutions into
the platform.

*Required Skills:*
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field.
- 3+ year of software engineering experience with C++. Python is a plus.
- Expertise in computer vision and robot perception.
- Experience deploying perception algorithms onto real world systems.
- Love of robots.

*Nice To Haves:*
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Experience with OpenCV and/or PCL.
- Strong background in machine learning.

*Apply:*https://fetchrobotics.has-jobs.com/perception-engineer-san-jose/43610/0

*Robotics Application Engineer*
We are looking for software engineers with broad experience on real robot
platforms and a deep background in one or more of the following areas:
navigation, motion planning, and robot perception. Successful candidates
will work individually and in small teams to develop solutions and robot
capabilities for our autonomous mobile manipulators.

We have multiple openings, for both junior and senior-level engineers, with
both immediate start dates and throughout 2015.

*Required Skills:*
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field.
- 1+ year of software engineering experience, or extensive software
engineering experience in undergraduate or graduate program.
- Experience with C++ and/or Python in a Linux Environment.
- Experience in robot navigation, motion planning, or perception.
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Love of robots is a must as you will be surrounded by them.

*Nice To Haves:*
- Experience with MoveIt, SBPL and/or OMPL.
- Experience with OpenCV or PCL.
- Experience with web development.
- Experience with CMake.

*Apply:*https://fetchrobotics.has-jobs.com/robotics-application-engineer-san-jose/43613/0

*Navigation Engineer*
We are looking for a talented software engineer with extensive hands-on
experience with robots and a deep background in robot navigation. This
person will be responsible for the development and refinement of all aspects
of robot navigation, including map building, localization, path planning and
obstacle avoidance. They will work closely with our applications engineers
to integrate new navigation capabilities into the platform.

*Required Skills:*
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field.
- 1+ year of software engineering experience, or extensive software
engineering experience in undergraduate or graduate program.
- Experience with C++ in a Linux Environment.
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS) and ROS navigation stack.
- Experience with odometry/IMU sensor fusion, laser range finders.
- Love of robots.

*Nice To Haves:*
- Experience developing SLAM algorithms.
- Experience with Python in a Linux Environment.
- Experience with Gazebo.

*Apply:*https://fetchrobotics.has-jobs.com/navigation-engineer-san-jose/43699/0