[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Faculty positions in robotics related areas in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

Chen I-Ming (Prof) MICHEN at ntu.edu.sg
Fri Apr 10 10:34:52 PDT 2015

Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is an internationally renowned tertiary education institution. NTU, together with its predecessor, Nanyang University, has offered university education in Singapore since 1955. NTU boasts a strong engineering college that is ranked among the best globally. Committed to our mission of educating leaders and advancing knowledge for Singapore and beyond, we have built global programs and established strong links with leading institutions around the world. NTU’s 200-hectare campus is among the most advanced in the academic world. The campus now houses 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, and 3,300 teaching and research staff.

Career Opportunities in the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
The School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, has an active and vibrant research environment with excellent R&D infrastructure and opportunities for research funding. We are one of the largest mechanical and aerospace engineering school in the world and ranked 16th in the field of Mechanical Engineering in the 2012 QS World University Rankings. The school has an enrolment of over 2400 undergraduate students with over 140 faculty members and 140 full-time research staff working in well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories. A growing research student population of over 400 is also actively engaged in strategic research and development work.

The School invites highly qualified candidates in robotics to join its dynamic team of faculty. With vibrant R&D activities, the school has several openings in robotics.  We are looking specifically for highly qualified candidates for Tenure-track Associates or Assistant Professors in the following areas:

-        Mechanics and Control of UAV

-        Construction and field robotics (with robust perception)

-        Human-robot interaction and Human-machine interaction

-        Neuro-robotics

Candidates should possess relevant Bachelor and PhD degrees. For Assistant Professorship, relevant postdoctoral experiences would be advantageous. For Associate Professorship, a strong research publication record with demonstrated leadership in conducting inter-disciplinary research and collaboration with industry is essential.

Interested candidates please refer to the following link for the application information:
http://www.ntu.edu.sg/ohr/career/submit-an-application/Pages/Faculty-Positions.aspx
At the same time, please forward the document to:  maefacultysearch at ntu.edu.sg<mailto:maefacultysearch at ntu.edu.sg>
The closing date for application is 10 May 2015.

For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an informal interview during ICRA 2015 in Seattle.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.