[robotics-worldwide] [News] New Course Introducing LEGO Robotics to "Absolute Beginners"

Kay, Jennifer S. kay at rowan.edu
Fri Apr 17 12:51:04 PDT 2015

I’m pleased to announce that we now have a LEGO EV3 version of the popular “Robot Programming for Absolute Beginners” MOOC (following in the footsteps of our previous MOOC that covered LEGO NXT hardware and software).

I'm writing to ask you to forward the information on to anyone you know who might be interested. Our goal is to give K-12 educators a gentle introduction to the EV3 programing language. The LEGO EV3 is programmed in a scratch-like visual programming language that (combined with the physicality of a robot and the familiarity that most people have with LEGO) we hope will be attractive to people who are new to programming.

While the workshop has been developed with K-12 teachers in mind, it's free to anyone who is interested. For more information, please visit http://www.rowan.edu/cs4hs/

-- Jennie

Jennifer S Kay, Ph.D.
Professor				kay at rowan.edu
Rowan University			856-256-4593 (voice)
Computer Science Department		856-256-4741 (fax)
201 Mullica Hill Road			http://www.rowan.edu/~kay/
Glassboro, NJ 08028			http://www.rowan.edu/robots