[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] The ICRA 2015 Trailer is out, in 8 languages! Share everywhere!

Andrea Censi censi at mit.edu
Thu Apr 23 09:01:28 PDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

It's a *real pleasure* to announce that today we have *finally*
released the ICRA Trailer!

Check out the links below for some exciting video you can share on
social media, forward to your friends, and to your contacts in the
press! The conference's official contact point for the media is:
<icra2015.media at gmail.com>.

Short 30s "teaser" without narration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoKyYX4WWoc

Long 4m "trailer" with narration:
- English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM_1F33fcWk
- Mandarin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F37r_mx3_38
- Japanese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nq5DjC4LJY
- Korean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEGuzOegvKY
- Arabic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8IyD0A6XXs
- Spanish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9eNZmdyT4o
- French: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgQ5MIxbE44
- Italian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glNHq7MpCG8

Please follow/like/retweet the announcements on the ICRA social media accounts:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/icra2015
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IEEE.RAS.ICRA
Google+: https://plus.google.com/105228783995619846570/

~

*Acknowledgements*: In addition to co-director, executive producer,
and showbiz liaison Nora Ayanian (USC), I'd like to thank the 7
translation teams:
- Mandarin: Shuo Han (UPenn), Sijia Dong (Caltech), Chaohui Gong (CMU)
- Japanese: Shuhei Miyashita (MIT), Ai Sugawara
- Korean: Jeong hwan Jeon (MIT), Seo Young Jung
- Spanish: Claudia Pérez D’Arpino (MIT)
- Arabic: Heba Kurdi (MIT / KSU), Mohamed Saad Ibn Seddik
- French: Simon Lacroix (LAAS), Liam Paull (MIT)
- Italian: Alessandro & Sabina De Luca (Sapienza), Giulia Agostinelli (MIT)

We learned a lot together: from the proper use of pop filters in front
of microphones, to how to type uppercase accented letters, to the
importance of ligatures in Arabic, to the subtleties in selecting the
proper spacing between Chinese characters.

Special thanks to Dario Floreano (EPFL) for a couple of science
communication lessons over beer. Thanks to Sawyer Fuller (Harvard) and
Russ Tedrake (MIT) for helping in the organization of the voting
sessions, and to the 36 anonymized voters that helped select the
clips; the aggregated statistics are: MIT: 14, USC: 14, Harvard: 6;
professors: 2, postdocs: 8, students: 26.

Thanks to ICRA chair Lynne Parker and Nancy Amato for their
encouragement in trying something new. Finally, thanks to NSF/NRI for
supporting me.

*Downloads*: For your records and for personal use (e.g. teaching an
intro robotics class), here you can find the (huge) downloadable
files: http://bit.ly/ICRA2015-Trailer-Media

*The future*:  What shall we do for ICRA 2016? This year, we started
from the trailer format used by SIGGRAPH, but that is not a hard
constraint. Please send us ideas on how to evolve this effort towards
the form that best matches our goals as a community.

See you in Seattle!

cheers,
  Andrea "do you have that in higher resolution?" Censi

--
Andrea Censi | LIDS / MIT | http://censi.mit.edu