[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Uber Advanced Technology Center

Drew Bagnell Robotics drewbagnell at uberatc.com
Tue Apr 21 10:08:52 PDT 2015

Uber Advanced Technology Center in Pittsburgh is hiring for Robotics, Computer Vision and Machine learning positions at all levels!

Uber ATC is the Pittsburgh division of the Uber Engineering Team. We develop long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.

Our research is primarily in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy,  and all the areas that support these including computer vision, motion planning, learning, big data systems, planning, control, mapping, perception, simulation, and human-machine interaction.  Despite being a new division within the company, our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience.  This is your chance to develop cutting-edge technology that will help change the future of transportation around the world!
?
Robotics areas of special interest include:

* Machine Learning.
* Planning.
* Computer Vision and Image/video classification.
* Control.
* Localization and Mapping.
* Distributed/parallel algorithms and architectures.
* Sensors and Sensing.

Requirements:
* A PhD, MS, or BS in a robotics related discipline.
* A strong quantitative background.
* Excellent software development skills in one or more of C, C++, or Python.
* Knowledge of core robotics, learning or vision methods commensurate with education/experience level.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills.
* Passion for Robotics!

To apply, please visit:

http://www.uberatc.com/hiring

https://www.uber.com/jobs/list?keywords=&location=Pittsburgh,%20PA%20[Advanced%20Technologies%20Center]<https://www.uber.com/jobs/list?keywords=&location=Pittsburgh,%20PA%20%5BAdvanced%20Technologies%20Center%5D>

Drew Bagnell
Uber Advanced Technology Center