[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Engineer: UTS Centre for Autonomous Systems
Marc.Carmichael at uts.edu.au
Tue Apr 14 23:36:21 PDT 2015
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) Centre for Autonomous Systems, Faculty of Engineering & IT is recruiting for two Research Engineers to conduct funded robotics research projects. The incumbents will be responsible for undertaking research-based tasks and technical duties specific to these projects.
The Research Engineers will have strong experience in the areas of robotics, mechatronics, control, software development and/or mechanical design and may be required to act as a team leader in the development of practically deployable robotic systems.
Main duties / responsibilities:
- Design and manage the development and manufacturing of mechatronic systems, and specialized equipment for experimental work.
- Software and/or control system development and implementation.
- Management of field testing and trials, both in research and commercial environments.
- Design and development of mechanical components as part of the robots, or to test the robots.
- Design and development of custom embedded electronic circuits.
- Project management to ensure that projects are being run within the scope of the assigned budget.
- Provide assistance to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Main skills / experience required:
- Demonstrated skills and ability to develop robotic systems, software and/or control systems.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant disciplinary areas, including robotics, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, software engineering, and/or control.
- A Bachelor's degree, or above, in mechatronic engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer systems, or a related discipline;
- Evidence of a high degree of understanding of mechatronic and mechanical engineering principals.
- Critical thinking and high level analytical skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly in the context of preparing comprehensive engineering documentation;
Details and Online Application:
Apologies for duplicate messages.
UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.
Think. Green. Do.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.
More information about the robotics-worldwide