[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Senior Graphics/Visualization/UI Software Engineer for intravascular surgical robotic system
jijie_xu at hansenmedical.com
Thu Apr 30 11:22:35 PDT 2015
Senior Graphics Software Engineer
Our Graphics Engineer will contribute at a senior level to the development of Hansen's complex tele-robotic systems with the potential for a significant impact on our robotic catheter systems. The Controls and Visualization group, a small team within the engineering organization, designs the new algorithms and 3-D interfaces that allow doctors to drive flexible catheters into patient blood vessels. Responsibilities will include the development and maintenance of interactive display of 3D graphics, 3D visualization modules, and sensor processing algorithms. A significant portion of the job is gathering input across disciplines and taking the lead in pioneering new ideas for controlling catheters and displaying medical data.
* Extremely solid in software engineering and programming, with experience in team application development
* 5+ years experiences in C and object oriented C++/C# programming
* Experience in 3D graphics toolkits and visualization (OpenGL or similar) and interactive 3-D user interface design
* Experience developing and debugging multithreaded applications
* MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or a related engineering field) with 3 or more years of relevant experience or equivalent experience; PhD preferred
* Strong communications and people skills; comfortable working with and seeking optimum solutions with team members in adjacent disciplines of clinical, mechanical, electrical and software engineering
* Ability to support multiple projects and solve problems
Desired Experience and Skills (three or more strongly recommended):
* Sensor processing algorithms using electromagnetic or visual trackers
* Robotics modeling including 3D transformations, forward and inverse kinematics
* Application development within the WPF and .NET frameworks
* Computer vision and image processing algorithms
* GPU programming such as CUDA
* Medical visualization such as voxel rendering
* Medical device experience including the FDA guidelines
* MATLAB modeling and analysis
Hansen Medical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.
Please apply using the following link: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=16499602
About Hansen Medical:
Hansen Medical, a global leader in intravascular robotics, was born from the vision of creating a new generation of advanced medical robotics - a generation that would empower and protect physicians while providing enhanced care for patients.
The Sensei(r) Robotic Catheter System and Artisan(r) Control Catheter used in electrophysiology procedures were the first realization of this vision. The MagellanTM Robotic System and MagellanTM Robotic Catheter are the next generation of intravascular robotics technology designed for peripheral vascular interventions. Hansen Medical headquarters are in Mountain View, California.
At Hansen Medical, we are passionate about creating robotic solutions that provide physicians with a suite of tools for their procedural and therapeutic success. We believe that better tools will impact outcomes and patient care.
For more information about Hansen Medical, please visit http://www.hansenmedical.com
Jijie Xu, Ph.D.
Sr. Controls/Systems Engineer
Hansen Medical Inc.
800 East Middlefield Road
Mountain View, CA 94043
More information about the robotics-worldwide