[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Immediate Postdoc Position in Medical/Service Robotics, University of Hong Kong

Zheng Wang zwangski at hku.hk
Mon Aug 3 20:00:48 PDT 2015

Job opening for a postdoc position in medical or service robotics in the
department of Mechanical Engineering, the University of Hong Kong.

Task description:

Medical robots cover a broad spectrum. We are interested in various topics
ranging from manipulator kinematics to intelligent control on the system
level. The entire workflow from actuator design, modeling, fabrication, and
analysis is facilitated within our lab. Depending on the specialty and
interest of the applicant, it is possible to pursue one of the medical
robotics research directions further. Service robots are growing at
historical speed in recent years. New robotic manipulators are light-weight,
flexible, and yet capable of daily tasks, which can be trusted to work
closely with humans. We are interested in developing such robotic systems,
from actuator to sensor, to system level, that meet the need of the real
world.

Requirement:

PHD (submission of thesis required) in control, automation, robotics,
mechatronics, mechanical or electrical engineering. Extraordinary enthusiasm
in robots. Strong hands-on and analytical skills. Good mastery in English
both for communication and scientific publishing. Team player and willing to
corporate with other experts.

The post is initially for 18 months, starting asap or no later than Jan 1
2016, with a salary of 25k HKD (around 3k USD) per month. Extension is
highly possible based on the performance of the applicant. The ME department
is located in HKU main campus, sitting right in the heart of hong kong
island.

Please send CV to zwangski at hku.hk <mailto:zwangski at hku.hk>

--

Zheng WANG, Dr