[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Computer Vision / Augmented Reality Intern at Bosch Research, Palo Alto, CA

Visual Computing Robert Bosch rbvisualcomp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 14:42:48 PDT 2015

Computer Vision / Augmented Reality Intern

Location: Palo Alto, CA

Major(s): Computer Science or related fields

Degree level: Ph.D. or Master – Current student or recent (less than 1
year) graduate

Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Conduct advanced research and engineering for real-time computer vision
and augmented/mixed reality systems.
- Apply research results to real-world cases with high quality
implementation.
- Integrate the resulting system/software into existing Bosch platform.
- Summarize research findings in high-quality paper and patent submissions.

Required Qualifications:
- Strong background in computer vision, augmented/mixed reality, and
related fields.
- Hands-on experience of 3D computer vision and augmented reality
technologies, including 2D/3D tracking (e.g., PTAM), SLAM, camera
calibration, and image/video-based modeling.
- Proficient with C/C++ programming.
- Proficient with computer vision & computer graphics libraries (OpenCV and
OpenGL).
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- (Bonus) Publication record in top venues (ISMAR/ICCV/CVPR/ECCV/VR, etc).
- (Bonus) Experience with positioning or depth sensors, such as IMU,
Kinect, etc.
- (Bonus) Experience in real-time computer vision systems.

Start Date: As soon as possible

Duration: 3 – 12 months

How to apply:
Email your resume to rbvisualcomp at gmail.com with a title starting from "[AR
Intern 2015]".

About the Bosch Research and Technology Center
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America (
www.boschresearch.com) with offices in Palo Alto, California, Pittsburgh,
Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group
(www.bosch.com), a company with over 50 billion euro revenue, 300,000
people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over
125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is
committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch
business fields primarily in the areas of robotics and autonomous systems,
visual computing, natural language understanding, car infotainment, web
technologies, data mining, wireless solutions, energy materials and
technologies, complex simulations, sensors, circuit design, and software
engineering. In all areas we work in close collaboration with our partners
at leading US universities, leading-edge industry partners, and other
worldwide Bosch research, development, and marketing units.

About Visual Computing at RTC-NA
Our Visual Computing group is responsible for shaping the future user
experience of Bosch products by developing cutting-edge technologies in the
fields of computer graphics, computer vision, scientific visualization,
mixed-reality, and HCI. We focus on solutions to hard challenges in using
visual and other modes of communication for natural user interaction. We
work with internal partners at various Bosch business units to transfer our
ideas and solutions into future products. We also actively collaborate with
leading groups in academia and industry to promote research ideas and
publish research findings in internationally renowned conferences and
journals.