[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Position in Robotic Surgery at Boston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School

Dupont, Pierre Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 11 05:44:14 PDT 2015

Postdoctoral Position in Medical Robotics at Boston Children¹s Hospital,
Harvard Medical School

I am seeking a talented design- and systems-oriented individual for the
following project:

Robotic Implants - This project involves creating robots that reside
inside the body to modulate physiological functions, e.g., through
application of forces or control of flow rates. Strong design, prototyping
and system integration skills including real-time control are needed.
Experience in medical robotics and in vivo testing is a plus. The ability
to work collaboratively with clinicians is also important. It is expected
that the successful candidates will hold a PhD in engineering, physics or
computer science.

Our Lab¹s mission is to embed creative young engineers and scientists in
the #1 US pediatric hospital. This ensures that we work on clinically
important problems and enables us to rapidly transition engineering
prototypes to a clinical setting for testing. More information on our lab
can be found at: http://robotics.tch.harvard.edu

Qualified applicants should respond by email as soon as possible to Prof.
Pierre Dupont (Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu) with a description of
their qualifications, academic background, PhD thesis, publications,
career goals and availability. Please include pdf¹s of up to 3
publications. Initial appointments will be for one year with the
possibility of extension. Postdoctoral appointments will be made through
Harvard Medical School.

Pierre E. Dupont
Edward P. Marram Chair and Chief,
Pediatric Cardiac Bioengineering