[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Project officer or Research associate is needed in robotic vision
Erdal Kayacan (Asst Prof)
erdal at ntu.edu.sg
Sat Aug 15 21:34:39 PDT 2015
Project officer or Research associate position in the ST Eng-NTU Corp. Laboratory at NTU (Singapore) is immediately available.
About the Role:
- Supporting the research team in terms of coding, hardware and sensory system design.
- Performing research in a collaboration with the PhD students and Research fellows.
- Supporting the administration of major research/industry projects to meet deliverables and KPI
- Ensuring that the processes and procedures are executed in compliance to the University's policy framework
- Supporting to develop journal and conference articles
- Coordinating and organizing activities related to the ST Eng-NTU Corp Lab in a collaboration with NTU FMC (Flight Mechanics and Control) Laboratory
- Prospective candidates should hold a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in mechatronics engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, automatic control engineering, or other related disciplines from reputable universities.
- The candidate should have excellent verbal and writing skills in English with very good communication skills.
- Concrete knowledge in C++.
- Experience in robotic control systems (theory and applications).
- Experience in electronic circuits and sensors.
- Experience in programing microcontrollers or on-board computers.
- Knowledge in image processing principles and real applications is a big plus.
- Robotic Vision (Robot Operating System (ROS) experience is a plus).
The application should consist of:
* Motivation letter,
* Transcripts of B.Sc. (and M.Sc. if possible).
* The contact details of two referees.
These documents must be compiled as a single pdf file, and named as "<Name>_<Surname>.pdf". Then, the single file should be sent to "erdal at ntu.edu.sg" with a subject line of "Lab engineer application of <Name><Surname>".
The position will be available immediately once the candidate is selected. The applications will be reviewed directly until the position is filled. The deadline for the application is 4th of September 2015.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.
More information about the robotics-worldwide