[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Position for Director of Engineering and Research Engineers in Robotics Research Center, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

Chen I-Ming (Prof) MICHEN at ntu.edu.sg
Thu Aug 20 08:57:26 PDT 2015

Opening for Director of Engineering and Research Engineer Positions in
ROBOTICS RESEARCH CENTRE, NANYANG TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, SINGAPORE
(http://rrc.mae.ntu.edu.sg/Pages/Home.aspx)

The Robotics Research Center (RRC) in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Nanyang
Technological Univ (NTU) is strengthening its R&D capability in innovation and deployment of robotic
solutions based on the needs of public and private sectors in addition to our fundamental research in robotics.
The major focus of robotics R&D projects in RRC are in healthcare, infrastructure/construction, and manufacturing.
Together with industrial partners, we carry out R&D works in robotics ranging from TRL (Technology Readiness Level) 4 to 7,
which eventually lead to spin-off companies and technology licensing to the industry.

We are seeking highly motivated individuals with the following qualifications to join our centre for this golden era of robotics.

A. Director of Engineering (1 vacancy, Job Code: DE)

Job Description

- Explore collaboration with local and foreign companies for R&D in robotics and automation.
- Consolidate, integrate and develop necessary in-house robotics capabilities within NTU for innovative R&D projects
- Lead robotics engineering team to push R&D projects to TRL 7 as commercial ready prototype systems.
- Provide technical knowledge in robotics to solve the needs from local SME on robotics and automation
- Work with RRC PI to on the commercial prototype development.

Qualifications and requirements

- Minimally 5-year relevant experience with PhD or 7-year working experience with Master Degree in Robotics/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Computer Engineering
- Proven engineering project management track record in the robotics sector with strong industry links
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing strategic R&D initiatives/ programmes.

B. Robotics R&D Engineers (4 vacancies, Job Code: RE)

Job description

- Lead and conduct contract Robotics R&D projects
- Prototyping robotics software, devices and systems for RRC PIs
- Developing innovative robotics solutions or modules based on in-house IPs
- Supervising students on industry R&D projects

Qualifications and requirements

- Minimally with Master Degree, or PhD in Robotics/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Computer Engineering
- Excellent knowledge and proven expertise in one or a combination of the following areas:
  >> Robot manipulator mechanism design
  >> Servo motor control, multi-axis motion control
  >> Embedded system design and programming
  >> Robot vision and perception, 3D model construction
  >> ROS programming and application development
  >> Mobile robot navigation, localization, and motion planning

Required Application Materials

1. Cover letter
2. Detailed Resume/CV
3. Two references and/or two letters of recommendation
4. A statement of past experiences and how they apply to the position posted
5. Application form (can be downloaded at http://www.ntu.edu.sg/ohr/CareerOpportunities/SubmitanApplication/Pages/ResearchPositions.aspx).

Please indicate the job code of the position you are applying for in the cover letter.
Positions will be available until all vacancies are filled.
For further details, please feel free to contact

Prof. I-Ming Chen, Fellow of IEEE and ASME
Director, Robotics Research Center
School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Ave, Singapore 639798
Email: michen at ntu.edu.sg

[SG50]
CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.