[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] University Academic Fellow in Machine Learning (Tenure Track) -- 250 Great Minds at the University of Leeds

Anthony Cohn A.G.Cohn at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Aug 25 03:06:48 PDT 2015

University Academic Fellow in Machine Learning (Tenure Track) -- 250 Great Minds

The University of Leeds wants to recruit 250 University Academic Fellows by 2017 who have the potential to make a major contribution to the University's academic performance and standing -- see http://250greatminds.leeds.ac.uk/.  Join us and you will be supported by a structured five year fellowship development programme leading to an Associate Professor role.

We are currently advertising for a UAF in Machine Learning.

The School of Computing's interests in Machine Learning range from the foundations of learning to applications in data analytics; health, commerce, biology, engineering; and robotics; control, smart factories, security, biological systems.  The School has established an international leadership in aspects of machine learning, most notably through spatial reasoning, ontological alignment, and cognitive vision.  We are seeking to strengthen our expertise in this field, through an outstanding researcher with the drive and ambition to eventually assume leadership of this activity in the School.  We welcome applicants from all aspects of machine learning, but in particular candidates whose research aligns with the major strategic areas of robotics or data analytics.

Grade: 	8
Salary: £38,511 to £45,954
Closing Date: Wednesday 30 September 2015
Reference: ENGCP1012

Please apply via: https://jobs.leeds.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=ENGCP1012